BOOK REVIEW: RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI

ten
Site Admin

BOOK REVIEW: RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI

Post by ten »

Like a lot of the iconic entrepreneur books, Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad takes the form of a pseudo-fictional/real life story surrounding the author and his learning journey as he steps into entrepreneurship.

I probably dismissed the book as useless fiction early on, before I really dug deeper into Robert's career and the great success he's had as an entrepreneur. I mean, look at him, the guy has collaborated on the biggest stages with Donald Trump, a guy who later became president of the United States, and I think back when the two of them were small timers, that'd have looked like the very pinnacle of success, bigger than selling out seminar tickets on any event stage!!!

So, Kiyosaki has impeccable credentials when talking to the small time entrepreneur who's just still wondering what the game of entrepreneurship is all about. Which is certainly around where I was when I stumbled into this book and others like it.

Having read it with some seriousness since, I quite like the book, and I think it's a very smart book. It probably went right over my head the first time I tried to read it. And I think that's the thing with Robert Kiyosaki and his work in general.

He's a very very smart entrepreneur, one of the best, in my humble opinion, and yet he dresses up those genius level insights into folksy folktales like a Charlie Munger Warren Buffet look alike... and it's easy for these guys' insights to go right over your head if you're not paying attention.

All you might hear is: Marines, war, school, rich, poor, dad, what?!

But there's important lessons here about cash flow, the difference between big businesses and small businesses, the tax advantages of entrepeneurship and investing, and the great mindsets that separate the very rich from the very poor, and how any entrepreneur can bridge that gap.

And when it's all said and done, hopefully you'll actually enjoy the story itself. But don't miss the forest for the trees. The story is secondary to the lessons you learn in this book about entrepreneurship.
:idea: Turn your biz into the Bugatti or Ferrari of your industry: https://bootcamp.towersofzeyron.com/bootcamp